ART IN THE AFTERNOON - AWBW 5/5/2013

May 6th 2013

It was such an awesome weekend! I had the honor of participating and volunteering my time at the -ART IN THE AFTERNOON- event for the organization: A WINDOW BETWEEN WORLDS. What better way than to spend the afternoon out in the sun with some chalk, good food, and good energy. This organization is amazing and really stands by ART as a major healing tool.

I brought over 500 pieces of chalk and had the intention of having the kids draw in designated squares I had taped off - but by the end of the day, the creative minds took over - and a major portion of the parking lot got covered in chalk! Chalk has a quality that easily unleashes your inner creative child and both parents and children were drawing together and it became one collaborative giant concrete canvas. Even the Fire Department picked up a few pieces of chalk and started drawing away. They couldn't resist and of course they drew out 'LAFD' in big letters - had to represent!.....I can't wait to participate again next year and watch this event grow even more. Events like this truly remind me of why I love ART so much....and why I have made it my life....I love my job...art heals...art is love.

9 Comments to ART IN THE AFTERNOON - AWBW 5/5/2013:

buy lab reports online on Tuesday, June 06, 2017 6:35 PM
Art is a great fun. People can express their feelings through art. We can find best art designs and can buy also. We can find art which is made by chalk and we can get models also which are perfectly made by artist.

http://www.ukresumewriting.com/ on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 7:47 AM
There are different Perdomo designs from which you can enjoy the tattoos and other jewelry attractive designs. We can also make the offer of the internet and by watching you can enjoy all the special deals for your life.

loemrntdherid1 on Sunday, August 26, 2018 8:11 PM
This blog is a great combination of suitable and useful information and well-written sentences that will certainly entice your sense and update you about new happening.

SSL certificate price godaddy on Sunday, October 28, 2018 10:58 PM
Art is great fun. Through art, we can share our feelings and also we can decorate our house and office. every person is the artist in their own way.

jaccy on Wednesday, November 28, 2018 11:26 PM
I was reading this post and glad to read this good blog, thanks for publishing it.

resume writers reviews on Friday, December 14, 2018 4:42 AM
Art is so beautiful. It is calm, it is free, it depicts what the creator thinks and feel. It sets them free. It makes the people understand them more. What you did is beautiful. Little did you know that you bailed these young ones out from the cell their mind is imprisoning them. At a young age these kids experienced horrible events they don't deserve to experience. Even us adults cannot handle the trauma this world is giving us, how much more these innocent ones? I am so inspired. Thank you for sharing this. God bless you!

webstagram on Friday, April 19, 2019 1:36 AM
I like it so much.Your blog is awesome and unique also.Thanks for share.

get free coins in toon blast on Thursday, September 12, 2019 1:04 AM
You may encounter malware or spyware that is already available in such online programs that can seriously damage your smartphones or steal your personal information without you or your antivirus software on your smartphone noticing you.