San Diego Little Italy Festa 2013

Check out my progress - Downtown Little Italy Festa, San Diego 2013:

Today, this festival brings over 120,000 visitors from all over the country - from all over the WORLD  – to celebrate in the country’s largest Italian homecoming. I wanted to honor this event and dug into the history and found out that 1913 was the year where the US experienced the largest wave of Italian immigrants. Upon this research I came across this old vintage poster:

This image captured the history behind this enormous wave of immigrants and decided that I would chalk it up. But of course, given its vintage postcard/poster feel, I paired it up with a golden frame.

I arrived early saturday morning and after a good cup of italian coffee, I opened up my new box of 48 chalk pastels, and started the grid. I continued chalking until the sun went down…

I called it a day and continued early Sunday morning. It's the best feeling to wake up and walk only 2 blocks to the festival through all the vendors that are setting up shop. Your piece always look so different when you stumble across it with a fresh glance and the early morning sun shining upon it.

Within a few hours, the street filled up with live music, fresh calamari, I snuck in a few cannoli breaks….You have to try the freshly made cannolis the pastry shops make. But had to quickly get back to work if I wanted to finish on time…but I had a little companion the whole time. A little butterfly always flew around me and kept landing on my piece. It was always very close - and probably confused the bright colors with some kind of flowers - but it seriously kept close to me the entire day.
 This bright little creature always faced my way. There was just something about this bright little bug….So I continued in my zone and kept filling in every inch with chalk.

After 15 hours of saturating the street with chalk - I was ready to say "Finito"!
Definitely a piece to be proud of and a great way to honor all italian immigrants that came to this country. Can't wait to attend this festival again next year. For more information on this event, click on this link:

(8'x8' | Medium: Chalk | Rendition of Vintage Postcard)

See you at the next Chalk Festival!
-Lesley "Bam-Bam" Perdomo

9 Comments to San Diego Little Italy Festa 2013:

Event Organizer In Jaipur on Monday, October 06, 2014 12:47 AM
I admire the precious information you offer in your articles. I'll bookmark your blog .

Jerimiah Garden on Friday, May 20, 2016 4:43 AM
Howdy, it turned out to be a really marvelous experience for me when I dropped by at your website. I hope you don't mind if I commend you on the level of quality of the work and to send you bon chance with it as you advance as time goes on. It was a hoot to browse your site and I will most definitely be dropping by again soon to find how you are doing. Thank you and I shall see you here soon - Dakota Walls

Colette Lennart on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 1:18 PM
consistent over-all grand plan of arrangement?

thebestessayshelp.net on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 10:12 PM
The san diego little italy festa wanted to honor this event and dug into the history and found out that immigrants. This lesleyperdomo blog always giving us on paired it up with a golden frame,keep it up.

superior essays on Sunday, May 20, 2018 7:01 PM
I love celebrating occasions like this because it tells us the history of our land, how we get peace and recognizing the people behind its history. But what I love the most about this is that people will unite as one and love was all over the town. You are all celebrating an event as a whole. And to the author, I love your work. I agree, it was a masterpiece made by your amazing hand. Continue creating masterpiece and showing your talent to everyone.

Iq option on Wednesday, June 20, 2018 3:00 AM
Great article with excellent idea!Thank you for such a valuable article. I really appreciate for this great information..

Bet3000 on Sunday, August 12, 2018 4:23 AM
In the event that you are one of those individuals, at that point you are in danger of losing your cash in sports wagering without on the grounds.

loemrntdherid1 on Sunday, August 26, 2018 8:11 PM
Now this is hghly recommeded post for me. I will surely email this to my friend.RegardsLoop polo shirts

drueckglueck on Thursday, August 30, 2018 8:06 AM
Comprehend when you should tap out of a diversion.